BEST IN CLASS
Introduced on the market in 2007, the Aprilia Shiver 750 astonished the motorcycle world for its unprecedented contents. The Shiver 750 was in fact the first bike ever to be equipped with the Ride by Wire electronic throttle, a true revolution, a true historic transition as that from the analogue to the digital world. This technology, still unmatched by the direct competition, complements the excellent standard equipment which makes the Shiver “best in class”. Of course the Shiver 750 has evolved over time: Ride by Wire has become second generation, the ergonomics have been improved, with new handlebars and a tapered saddle, while a slight cosmetic facelift has made it even more appealing.
- V2 90° engine with four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft and liquid cooling;
- Built in Ride-by-Wire tri-map technology developed for racing;
- modular trellis/aluminium frame with significant torsional rigidity;
- aluminium swingarm with stiffener brace and lateral shock absorber;
- 43 mm upside down fork;
- racing brakes with radial callipers and 320 mm Wave discs
- Racing style rider/passenger footpegs
The V90 engine is the result of Aprilia's vast experience in high performance mechanics. Thanks to its peculiar technical features the Aprilia twin-cylinder manages to combine a fully exploitable and exceptionally high output level with user-friendly riding options.The research conducted to reach performance levels at the top of its category has led to the decision to adopt some advanced cutting-edge technical solutions. The Aprilia V2 750 engine has a number of core features: extremely generous torque over most of the rpm range, insignificant vibrations, smooth full power delivery and output levels which are top in its category.