POWER IN ITS DNA
THE LATEST AND MOST SPECTACULAR EVOLUTION OF A SPORT NAKED DYNASTY
For the fastest and sportiest naked ever, a direct descendant of the RSV4, four-time world SBK champion, a new evolutionary step has arrived which allows exceptional levels of performance to be achieved. The new, sophisticated electronic management includes an advanced dynamic controls package with APRC, Cornering ABS, Pit Limiter and Cruise Control.
The inimitable 175 hp V4 earns Euro 4 approval, without sacrificing any of its superb performance. Improved suspension and brakes.
Euro 4 engine
The same exciting performance
The Tuono V4 1100 is the only naked powered by a 65° V4 engine with unique characteristics. The narrow V architecture has made it possible to make an engine that is extremely compact lengthways which helps to centralise weights and to have a compact chassis. The changes made in this evolution of the Italian V4 not only resulted in earning Euro 4 approval, but also in increasing overall reliability and performance, without sacrificing any of the great character and marvellous sound that bikers love so much. The powerplant earns a new exhaust system with a silencer that has a double oxygen sensor and a built in valve. The engine ECU is new, with superior calculating capacity able to manage the rise in maximum revs, now 500 rpm higher. In order to guarantee maximum reliability, decreasing friction at the same time, the piston pins have DLC surface treatment, whereas the connecting rod heads boast a surface honing treatment. The combustion chambers are no longer obtained through a fusion process, but by a finer, numerically controlled mechanical process, whereas the gearbox now has a linear sensor that guarantees impeccable gearshift operation.
Suspension and brakes
Directly from the new RSV4
If, on one hand, the new Tuono V4 range fully confirms all the proverbial qualities of handling and stability stemming from a frame that is closely derived from that of the Aprilia RSV4, seven-time World Superbike champion, on the other, it introduces important news in the brakes and suspension department. The front Brembo braking system comes directly from the one on the new RSV4 and relies on a pair of new steel discs that have been increased to 330 mm, gripped by the new monobloc M50 callipers and activated by a radial master cylinder on the handlebar.
Completely revamped electronics
The Tuono V4 1100 RR and Tuono V4 1100 Factory APRC include:
- New ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly, (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings thanks to a practical joystick, now has even more fine tuned and higher performance operating logic.
- New AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control,adjustable to 3 levels, has new, much more precise operating strategies thanks to the repositioning of the inertial platform. Wheelie control can now be adjusted on the fly without closing the throttle, like the ATC, thanks to the new and more practical left side electric block.
- New ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, for use on the track only, with 3 settings, uses even more effective new operating strategies.
- New AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox that allows shifting without closing the throttle and without using the clutch, now with the downshift function as well, to allow clutchless downshifting. Its open-throttle downshifting feature is exclusive.
- New APL: Aprilia Pit Limiter, the system that lets you select and limit the top speed allowed in pit lane at the track or simply to make it easier to comply with posted speed limits on the road.
- New ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control. The new electronic management has allows an advanced cruise control system to be introduced, very convenient on longer trips because it lets you maintain the set speed without touching the throttle.
The new Tuono V4 1100 range is fitted with the advanced multimap Cornering ABS system, developed in collaboration with Bosch to guarantee maximum safety on the road, without sacrificing any performance on the track. The 9.1 MP system, with truly contained weight and dimensions, is able to optimize braking and the ABS intervention in corners, thanks to a specific algorithm that constantly monitors various parameters such as lateral acceleration, the pressure applied to the front brake lever, the lean, pitch and yaw angle, modulating the braking action in order to better guarantee the ratio between deceleration and stability. The new ABS system works in unison with the Aprilia RLM (Rear Liftup Mitigation) system that limits the lift of the rear wheel during more abrupt braking. Cornering ABS, fine tuned in accordance with Aprilia's specific indications, is adjustable to 3 levels of sensibility and can be switched off. In order to allow riders with various levels of experience to find the best possible combination, each of the three Cornering ABS maps can be combined with any of the three new engine maps (Sport, Track, Race). The latter are all three “full power” and differ in the way they dole out the 175 HP of which the Aprilia V4 is capable, in addition to the percentage of engine brake dedicated to them.
The colour TFT digital instrumentation is also entirely new, with exceptional display options. The two selectable screen pages (Road and Race, both with night and day backlighting) correspond to as many represented indexes. There is an optional new version of the V4-MP, the Aprilia multimedia platform that lets you connect your smartphone to the vehicle, introducing a true corner by corner electronic settings calibration system with data that can subsequently be downloaded to your laptop (or displayed directly on the smartphone screen) for analysis, just like they do at the races. The new V4-MP adds a new connection protocol that reduces smartphone battery consumption to a minimum, in addition to providing a larger range of circuits already mapped in which you can manage the electronic settings corner by corner, as well as user acquisition of a new circuit that is not in the list Aprilia has provided. V4-MP includes the new infotainment system, introduced by Aprilia for the first time on the new Tuono V4, to manage voice commands and incoming/outgoing telephone calls with your smartphone.